The Philadelphia Flyers and general manager Chuck Fletcher announced a contract extension on Monday.
The team has signed defenseman Robert Hagg to a two year contract extension.
It's a pretty sweet deal for the Flyers as they lock him up to an AAV of $1.6million.
A couple of points from the press release:
"* The contract will run through the 2021-22 season.
* Recently completed his fourth season with the Flyers, recording 13 points (3g-10a) in 49 regular season games and averaged 15:36 of ice time. The team had an 11-1-1 record when Hagg recorded a point.
* Hagg led the team in hits (136) and blocks per-60 minutes (6.20) of players who played more than 5 games.
* He also posted a career-high plus-minus rating of +14, which ranked fourth on the team and third among d-men.
* During the 2020 Playoff, Hagg appeared in 12 games and recorded 3 points, all assists, and a +1 rating while averaging 14:52 of ice time.
* Hagg has appeared in the second-most regular season games (201) among Flyers defensemen since the start of the 2017-18 season and leads the team with 632 blocks in that stretch."
Really great value for the Flyers and Fletcher.
Now you're gonna get a new deal, Bobby! https://t.co/K7VX6oi6xx
— Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) September 28, 2020